Last night we started taking Intuniv ER. It is a non stimulant medication used to treat ADHD. I do not have much faith in the non stimulants from seeing their results at school, but definitely would rather use a non stimulant if it works! The general practitioner that we go to does not feel comfortable prescribing a stimulant medication to a 4 year old. I am perfectly fine with it. That is one of the things that I like about Ben's doctor. He wont do anything that he is not 100% sure is OK and is not against sending you somewhere else if he does not have the answers.
Anyway . . . the instructions on the bottle say to take 1 mg in the evening the first week and increase in 1 mg increments up to 4 mg per day in the evening. Ben does not swallow pills and it is a pill that you cant crush since it is extended release. I hid it in chocolate pudding and he did not have any trouble. I am sure I wont be as lucky again.
So far I have not noticed any changes. I am sure it takes a while to work. If it works. He did wet the bed last night for the first time. Extreme tiredness is a side effect, but it is Friday so he could just be tired from the week. We will see how daycare goes today. I am hopeful, but no expecting any miracles.
TGIF!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment